Deep learning is one of the foundations of artificial inteligence. It is used to classify images, recognize speech, detect objects and describe content. Several
developments are now advancing deep learning:
- Algorithmic improvements have boosted the performance of deep learning methods.
- New machine learning approaches have improved accuracy of models.
- New classes of neural networks have been developed that fit well for applications like text translation and image classification.
- We have a lot more data available to build neural networks with many deep layers.
- Computational advances of distributed cloud computing and graphics processing units have put incredible computing power at our disposal. This level of computing
power is necessary to train deep algorithms.